UAI Staff News
June 4th, 2019
(0 HS Instructional Days Remaining)
(More than 1 Instructional Days Remaining)
(More than 1 Instructional Days Remaining)
As the year comes to a close, we are embarking on an exciting new adventure with a brand new partner. That is the beauty of the work we do in schools. It is always changing, never boring, and constantly challenging us to be creative, develop new ideas, and be better each day for our students, their future, and ultimately, through their achievements in the world, our own.
Congratulations on yet another year well done! We have worked hard to make it so! Thank you, and enjoy these last three days of the 2018-19 school year!
To Do This Week
- Monday PD. We'll all meet in 409 to hold our end-of-the-year meeting with everyone and review final assignments for the last day of school, stepping up and graduation.
- Tuesday Outreach. Please make contact with any student's family and let them know if their child is going to summer school and share this important information.
- Summer Programs
- Girls Inc Summer Camp (Optional FREE Program for students age 10-14)
- THU 27JUN19 @ 6PM - Mandatory Orientation for Families
- MON 08JUL19 through THU 01AUG19 - Girls Inc Summer Camp
- Camp runs Mondays thru Thursdays, 8:30AM-2:50PM
- Contact Kimberly Clark at Kclarke@girlsincnyc.org or call Girls Inc Program Direct Vanessa Santiago at 718-260-2300 ext 20513
- Mandatory UAI Summer Programs
- Ms. Kelly (Kelly Preston, firstname.lastname@example.org) will be coordinating all things summer school related this year. All questions & concerns should go to her.
- Mr. Isaiah (Isaiah Blackburn, email@example.com) will be taking on the role of parent coordinator starting this summer. All families should be directed to him with questions or concerns that arise over the summer.
- Mandatory Summer Middle School. These students are mandated to UAI summer school for ELA and/or Math summer school enrichment. Students are welcome to join Girls Inc. summer programs after their mandated courses end at 10AM (for just one) or 11:30AM (for both- ELA and Math).
- High School Credit Recovery. Any student in grades 8-12 who failed a core course and or any HS student who failed PE/Dance in MP6 will automatically be enrolled in summer school credit recovery for the courses she failed.
- Regents Prep for Grades 8-12. Any student in grades 8-12 who failed or was absent for an exam required for graduation will be automatically enrolled. This summer we are offering Regents Prep for the core exams: Algebra, Living Environment, Earth Science, English, Global, and US History. Students wanting to retake Geometry or Alg 2/Trig will have to study independently and are welcome to take the tests again in August.
- Early Dismissals
- Tuesday 25JUN19. Early Dismissal for Grades 6/7 at 10:15AM. All students will be released for outside lunch that day. There is an election in our cafeteria on Tuesday and 8th gr Stepping up in our gym. Students will not be able to have hot lunches on Tuesday, but we will have bagged lunches available for students who request, but they must give requests to Val by 11:30 on Monday so she can make arrangements with cafeteria staff.
- Wednesday 26JUN19. Early Dismissal for ALL. Students report ONLY to pick up report cards. After pick up, they are immediately dismissed. Students must pick up their report cards between 8:30 and 10AM.
- EOY Checklist. Please print out and get signatures on THIS CHECKLIST. Bring this checklist to the PD meeting in room 409. We will be collecting keys, elevator passes and returning deposits during PD on Monday. We will be
Staff Out This Week
- Monday 24JUN19
- Out at Regents Grading: Brodie, Suzannah, Damon, Kristi, Rebecca F, Cassandra, Nina, Matthew
- Tuesday 25JUN19: 8th Grade Stepping Up
- Marni Leaving Early (@12) - personal
- Wednesday 26JUN19: HS Graduation & Last Day of School
- Rebecca F - Out (graduation)
Important Upcoming Dates in the Last Few Weeks of School
- Week Six - Week of 24JUN19 -
- Monday 24JUN19 - All staff prepare classrooms for summer and we close out in PD; 8th gr stepping up rehearsal; Normal 6/7 classes
- Tuesday, 25JUN19 - 8th Gr Graduation; 6/7 dismiss after lunch at 11:15AM. All students released for OUTSIDE lunch at 10:20. Bagged lunch available - must request by Monday 24JUN19 at 11:30AM. See Ms. Val
- Wednesday, 26JUN19 - HS Graduation; 6/7 dismiss after report card collection and report to LIU by 10:30AM; All staff dismisses after HS graduation (last day of school); some staff will remain at school to distribute final report cards to grades 8-11. We will be having our traditional post-graduation gathering at Habana Outpost. Hope to see you all there!