February 2nd PD Resources
Monday's PD is designed to develop both your theoretical understanding of the LC formats and subsequently raise the quality of your practice and implementation.
I'm super proud to say that our very own Jamie, Danielle, Ilyana, Elena and Rebecca are joining the Green Careers team to facilitate these workshops. Let's show our LC pride by supporting our colleagues both at Green & UAI for putting themselves out there to better all of us! Be the participant you would want to have if you were the one running the workshops! Come prepared & choose to be actively engaged.
Grade Teams will have time in the afternoon to meet and norm for a Social Norm planning meeting. The start of the term is the perfect time to revisit and reestablish norms for the rest of the year.
Resources for Monday's PD - and their relevant workshops. If you're anything like I was when I was a teacher, reading theory was the last thing I wanted to do. Now, from the vantage point of 18 years of experience in the system, I can easily see how much I let myself miss out. Hopefully, you aren't like I was and you won't make the same mistakes I did! Having a strong theoretical understanding will help you analyze your practice and more readily work (independently and with others) to develop strategies that elevate your instruction. After all, if you're not really sure what you're supposed to be doing, it's hard to know when you're doing it right or when you're doing it wrong! At the very least, peruse through the resources pertaining to your selected workshops.
- Growth Mindset (Dweck) - Conferences, Assessment, Responsibility Teams
- Socio-Cultural Theory (Erneling) - Responsibility Teams
- Genre Theory (Frow & Bahktin) - Genre Practice
- Self-Determination Theory (Deci & Ryan) - Conferences, Responsibility Teams
- Rethinking Discipline & Management (McCallister) - Social Norms
- Classroom Social Norms (McCallister)- Social Norms
- Classroom Environments (McCallister)- Social Norms
- Speech Acts/Status Functions (Searle)- Resp.Teams, Social Norms, Conferences & Unison
- Responsibility Theory (Olson) - Conferences, Social Norms
- Self-ascription of Intention (Olson) - Conferences, Social Norms
- Shared Intention (Tomasello & Carpenter) - Responsibility Teams, Unison
- The Science of Attention (Diamond) - Conferences, Unison
- Readiness Potential (Kandel) - Conferences, Unison
- What is a Speech Act? (Searle)- Conferences, Unison, Social Norms
- Language and Social Ontology (Searle) - Conferences, Unison, Social Norms
- Intentionality and Learning (Tomasello)- Conferences, Social Norms, and Unison
- What makes Human Cognition Unique? (Tomasello) - Conferences, Social Norms, and Unison