UAI Staff News
Week of September 26th, 2016
To Do's for this Week
- Spirit Week. Don't forget to show your school spirit and pump up our girls to love school and love UAI! Monday kicks it off with sports jersey day. Don't have a sports jersey, wear any UAI t-shirt that you have.
- Curriculum Night Outreach. Advisors need to call all advisees this week to personally invite them to curriculum night. If you are unable to connect with a family, please let Ms. Carol know so that we can investigate contact information and keep our records up to date!
- UAI Pep Rally. Our first full school pep rally will be this Friday. Student need to report to 8th period classes. Please hold students until you hear the announcement to come up to the gym. We will be doing a rapid dismissal at the end of the assembly, so please make sure they have all of their things with them in the gym.
- Technology Requests. Bookmark George's new Technology Request Form. George is working on tracking his work and the emails, while efficient for teachers, make it hard for him to monitor his progress. So please make sure you complete the tech request form whenever you need George's help.
|Mr. Tom Keeps Calm!|
Our first spirit week of the year is coming. Spirit Week begins on Monday, September 26th and culminates of Friday, September 30th with a full school assembly in the gym (starting at 2pm - students report to 8th period and will be called up by grade). Ms. Jen is working with seniors to promote the week, but please remind students and show your own Uai spirit by also participating!
- Monday 26SEP - Sports Jersey Day
- Tuesday 27SEP - Pajama Day
- Wednesday 28SEP - Celebrity/Character Day
- (Also the same day as Curriculum Night)
- Thursday 29SEP - Blast from the Past Day
- Friday 30SEP - Dashiki Day
|5 SEL Building Blocks|
Week 2 of SEL. Students now know the 5 building blocks of SEL- why they are important, which ones they need to work on, and as out of the classroom reflection looked at who in their life demonstrates these skills and how it betters their life. This week, we will continue to unpack SLANT and other small choices they can make to align themselves for success in the classroom. They will also create their own planner and learn the importance and efficacy of doing this the rest of their lives (shout out google calendar). As a reminder, use the 5 SEL building blocks (see the picture) in your classroom this week to remind the students that SEL is not an isolated class, but an understanding throughout the school. Rigor is in the routine, and when we all contribute, the lift is light and easy!
Add this calendar to your own! See that little "+" sign in the bottom right hand corner? Click on it to have it show up in your personal google calendar!
Per Session Posting
|Ms. Kristin, Q-Tighe, Ms. Jamie|
& Marijah at the HS Fair
Mr. Erick is taking the pic