UAI High School Staff News
Week of February 23rd, 2015
Black History Month submissions are being selected this week. Encourage our young girls to step up and participate! This assembly is on Friday. Please meet students in 8th period classrooms and make sure they have all their belongings. We will be rapidly dismissing from the assembly. Bring your class directly to the gym at the start of 8th period. Here's the seating:
12th Grade: Bleachers closest to the gym doors
11th Grade: Bleachers closest to the divider
10th Grade: Seats in front of the wall
9th Grade: Seats in front the divider
PROSE. The network of 21 Urban Assembly schools are all submitting applications that retain the essential, innovative practices common to all Urban Assembly schools. These practices are (1) Commitment to college readiness and college completion, (2) Focus on Literacy, and (3) Using Instructional Rounds as a platform for sharing best practices and engaging in meaningful PD. As a Prose application, we, as a UA school, are asking for variance in
(1) hiring restrictions to be able to hire college counselors,
(2) using the DRP as a MOSL option, and
(3) having flexibility in calendar dates to be able to extend the practice of Instructional Rounds
Just before break, Marianna, Damon, Wendy, Kelly & myself met with the Urban Assembly to put together our application to be a Prose school. We are largely complete with the application which you can read in its entirety HERE.
The true benefit of being a Prose school is the ability for us to work together to decide what works best for our school, and applying as a cohort of schools also brings us together as a cohesive network. The final application will be submitted on Friday. Damon, Marianna or me can help you guys with any questions you may have.
last week's post to review the expectations for midyear check-ins.
Teacher Preferences. In case you missed the email, please make sure you take a minute right now to complete this super short survey on your teacher preferences for next year.
- Monday, 23FEB15 - First day back from MidWinter Recess
- Monday, 23FEB15 - Full Staff PD & Grade Team Meetings
- Friday, 27FEB15 - Black History Month Assembly, 8th Period
- Monday, 02MAR15 - Full Staff PD, 1st Monday of the Month
- Friday, 13MAR15 - End of 4th Marking Period
- Monday, 16MAR15 - Beginning of 5th Marking Period
- Wednesday, 18MAR15- 4th Marking Period Grades Due by 3PM
- Friday, 20MAR15 - UAI High School Semi-Formal - A Night in Paris
- Thursday, 26MAR15 - Evening Student Led Conferences 5-8PM
- Friday, 27MAR15 - Afternoon Student Led Conferences 12-2:40PM
- Wednesday 01APR and Thursday 02APR15 - Benchmark IV Exams
- Friday 03APR through Friday 10APR15 - Spring Break
No new postings...