UAI Staff News
Week of Oct. 26, 2015
(My computer crashed this weekend and I'm doing this from my phone - sorry for the low-tech!)
Marking Period Ends on Friday. This Friday, the 1st marking period ends. Please make sure that Skedula is updated with all of your grades. Stay tuned for emails giving you specific instructions for how to upload. If any students are failing this marking period, please make sure to reach out to families to let them know what steps to take to intervene at home and please make sure that you schedule individual emergency conferences to make students aware of failure. Also, please make sure to take the opportunity to celebrate success! Call home to congratulate students on their achievement for this marking period!
Soft Lock Down Drill. We will be having our first soft lock down drill on Wednesday morning. We will be reviewing procedures during Monday's PD. Please make sure that you have updated your emergency UAI folders with current rosters and that your folders are ready with the red/green/medical cards to notify admin of your needs. We will review these on Monday.
First School Assemblies. This week and next we will have our first school assemblies for the year. Jen and Damon have been hard at work for the high school and Sursattie and Tracy have been hard at work for the middle school. Please reach out to them with any questions you may have!
School Connect PD. I'm excited to announce that the UAI social workers, deans, and select teachers will be attending the Urban Assembly's PD on the School Connect Curriculum that we are using to impart SEL skills to our students. In the middle school, we're hoping to launch this curriculum with the Girl Groups as soon as we can, and in the high school, power groups and classroom teachers have already begun teaching into these essential skills.
For All UAI School Important Dates, please add "UAI School" calendar to your google calendars.
- Wednesday, 28OCT15. Soft Lock Down Drill Planned. Times will be unannounced - be ready between 9:30 and 10AM! [NEW DATE]
- Wednesday 28OCT15. Publishing Party for Bronx Loaf Writers - UAI Staff attend for free!
- Friday, 30OCT15. First Full High School Assembly. Last Period (in Gym)
- Tuesday, 02NOV15. Election Day Professional Development
- Wednsday 04NOV15. MP 1 Grades Due at 3PM
- Friday, 06NOV15. First Full Middle School Assembly. Last Period (in Gym)
- Wednesday, 11NOV15. Veteran's Day, NO SCHOOL
- Thursday 19NOV15 (5-8PM) and Friday 20NOV15 (Lunch Dismissal to End of School Day). Fall Parent Conferences (Updates to come on SLCs and MS Parent Conference in next Blog)
Per Session Posting
Middle School Dance Chaperones.