Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Welcome to the 2012-2013 School Year

Welcome to the 2012-2013 School Year

It's been great to see you some of you guys drop in over the last week.  I'm getting super excited for this upcoming year, and look forward to launching it with all of you.  This post is late, so, I'm gonna make it brief...

Upcoming Events

  • Classroom Set Up
    • On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week, you guys are welcome to come in at any time to pick up your schedules, class lists, and set up your classrooms.  Keys & technology won't be officially distributed until September 4th, but you will have free access to your rooms for set up.  I strongly encourage taking the time to come in at some point over these three days to get a jump start on the year.  The rooms will be open from 8:30AM-4PM on those three days.  You're welcome to come in anytime that works for you.

      For Learning Cultures Teachers, Emily will be in the building on Tuesday, and I'll be available those days to help with Classroom Setup.  (If you can't find me, I'm probably wondering around or in someone's room.  Just text my phone 917-776-0460, and I'll come find you!)

  • First Days of Professional Development
    • The First Day back for Teachers is Tuesday 04SEP12.  Please report to the library for breakfast at 8:30AM.  We'll start promptly at 9AM with PD.
    • I've been emailing about other opportunities (Ramapo training, Wilson training, Noam's Flipped classroom, Math Team work, etc.).  Let me know if you wanted to know more about something.
  • First Days of School
    • The First two days of school will be a combination of Diagnostic Testing and Orientation Activities.  Different Grades will have different Foci and structures.  You'll have time on Tuesday and/or Wednesday when you get back to school with your grade teams to plan those two days.  Monday 10SEP is the first day of regularly programmed classes
There's so much more that I have for you guys, but I'll have it for you if you come in next week and certainly I'll have it for you on the first official day back (04SEP12).

YAY!!  Welcome to our very first year as a fully formed school!!!! Can I get a "woot! woot!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment