UAI Staff News
Important dates this month.
- 29NOV21: Staff Circles - Meet in Library First
- 06DEC21: Monthly Full Staff PD - Meet in the Library
- 07DEC21: Monthly Grade Team Meetings
- 10DEC21: Holiday Happy Hour at 3PM
- 20DEC21: Staff Circles - Remote at 4PM
- 23DEC21: Rapid Dismissal at 1:45PM for All Students (Same Staggered Dismissal)
- 24DEC21 - 02JAN22: Winter Recess - NO SCHOOL
To Do This Week
This is the stuff that requires your attention AND it's stuff you need to do!
- Implement Learning Lab Expectations. Please make sure to create silent study time for Learning Labs using these expectations.
- Take Attendance. All teachers should have access to their Learning Lab rosters in Skedula. Please reach out to Phil/Jennifer if you cannot see your learning lab in your Skedula. Please take attendance in Skedula and please send students to their correct rooms. DO NOT send students or admit students from other Learning Labs into your room.
- Fluency Work. Nearly all students are behind in their foundational reading, writing, and math skills. All ELA and Math teachers are being asked to create fluency tasks for students to complete in Learning Lab (see Rachel & Judy, Math & ELA ILT leads for details). Students should have fluency work to complete each day in Learning Lab.
- Google To Do List. All teachers should be posting assignments in Google Classrooms so that those assignments appear in a students' to do list.
- What do I do if a students says they have no work
- Check Google To Do List - work on those assignments
- Work on Fluency Assignments - posted on Google Classrooms and in this DOC
- If they finish All of their work, students can always read or journal! Please have paper or direct to news articles online available for students.
- If students need help - have them use email or G-chat to get help. Learning Labs are to be silent work time for all during MP2. Please do not make an exception in your own learning lab. It makes everyone else's learning lab 10 times harder than it needs to be.