UAI Staff News
- Monday, 20MAR23. LES Survey & Progress Report Updates
- Wednesday, 22MAR23.
- P/SAT in school day for all 10th & 11th Graders
- Mock Regents for 8/9
- Mock MS Exams for 6/7
- 12th Grade TBD (trip or special schedule - TBD)
- Ramadan begins in the evening
- Thursday, 23MAR23. Evening Parent Conferences 5-8PM (Remote)
- Friday, 24MAR23. Afternoon Parent Conferences 12:20PM-2:50PM (Remote)
- Friday, 31MAR23. End of MP3
- Wednesday, 05APR23. Rapid Dismissal
- Thursday 06APR23 - 16APR23 - Spring Recess
- Friday, 21APR23 - Eid al-Fitr - No School
Family & Student Surveys to Kick Off This Week. Today my son said, "Hey mom, did you do your survey?" I said, "Of course!" He said, "Well you need to show proof otherwise I lose 20 points on my grade in gym class!!!"
Please use THIS SLIDE DECK. To walk students through the survey process. Some of the questions are ambiguously worded, plus many of our students are still developing their literacy skills. They will need support in interpreting what some of these questions mean. Please make it a priority to take the time to explain the survey to them, and if need be, use all the advisory time this week to help students complete successfully.
Our goal is to have 100% of our students and at least 70% of our families complete the survey by the end of conferences on Friday, 24MAR23
- ADVISORS - Please input the correct email and contact number(s) for each of your advisees. Then, please take a look at your Advisees grades. If you have an Advisee who is currently failing and/or has been consistently failing a course all year, please make sure to connect that Advisee with that teacher and help make sure that conference happens next week. Any Student that has <90% attendance is required to have a conference with you. The goal of the conference needs to be how to get students to sustain at least a 90% attendance average for the remainder of the year. Give concrete numbers...
- Be present everyday from family conference to Spring Break
- Be present everyday from after Spring Break to May 1st!
- Don't miss more than 2 days in May!
- Be present everyday in June
- CLASS TEACHERS - Any student who has a grade <70 (or no grade from the last progress report) are required to have a conference with you.
- Students who have <70 in your class are either failing or just barely passing. The goal is to make sure students are securely passing by the end of Marking Period 4.
- In Particular - Please make it a priority to contact the homes of kids who had a failing progress report grade for the first time in MP3. It is super confusing for families to suddenly see a failing grade when we've been communicating via the progress reports that their child has been passing the entire fall. So those instances will require a conference to help families and students understand why this is happening.
- Focus this conference on the things that the student IS doing well and find ways to maximize that/those strength/s to improve performance in class.
- Help families problem solve around hurdles that are getting in the way of the student achieving in your class.
- Make a concrete and realistic goal for the next progress report which will be grades thru April 18th - which students will receive on April 25th or 26th (depending on when they have advisory)
- NOTE: Conferences should be about 10 -15minutes. This will give you time for 20-30 conferences. Please prioritize and schedule accordingly. If you are unable to schedule or connect with families, please schedule another time during Tuesday outreach time on 28MAR or 04APR. Please email any families that you are not able to connect with during family conference time.