UAI Staff News
Important dates this month.
- Monday, 28MAR22: MP3 Power Up Week Begins
- Monday, 28MAR22: Staff Meeting: ELA team meets to finish Course Selection Work
All other teams conduct outreach to students who are currently not passing courses.
- Tues-Thur 29Mar-31Mar22: NYS Middle School ELA Exams
- Friday, 01APR22: MP3 Ends
- Wednesday, 06APR: Grades Due
- Friday, 08APR: Report Cards Distributed
- You can always view our notes and decisions on THIS DOC.
Any student who does not pass a MP3 course will be pulled from Learning Labs on specific days and assigned to their teacher(s) for small group instruction. During small group work, teachers are expected to work with students to provide intervention and support instruction to close learning gaps in order to propel student learning and achievement for MP4.
To Do This Week
This is the stuff that requires your attention AND it's stuff you need to do!
Per Session Postings
Please complete THIS PER SESSION INTEREST FORM and email Kiri to let her know that you are applying for a per session position.
We are looking for summer school teachers to offer programming this summer. We will offer elective credit to the courses. The courses can be anything that interests you, and classes will be limited no more than 15 students per class.
- Arts: Creative Writing, Art (visual, performing, or movement), Poetry, Storytelling, Photography etc.
- Social Justice: Community Organizing, Protest Art, Social Media Campaigns, Etc.
- STEM: Finance, Engineering, Drones, Rockets,
- EntrepreneurialMedia: Podcasting, YouTubing, Social Media Management, Documentary Film Making
- Open Call: Have an Idea? Submit it!!
Days: 11JUL-29JUL , Mondays-Thursdays ONLYHours (Max) 5 hrs per day
(90 min classes with an hour prep for each class up to two classes a day)Total possible hours = 60 hours Minimum possible hours = 30 hours
- Days: 08AUG-17AUG, Mondays - Thursdays ONLY
- Hours: 5 hrs per day (max) (90 min classes w/ hour prep per class, max of 2 classes per day)
- Total Possible Hours = 35 hours
- Supervise UAI Summer Camp (must have Admin License) and/or Regents Prep
- Coordinate UAI Summer Camp (teacher license ok) and/or Regents Prep
- Supervise SYEP Program (teacher/counselor/para license ok)
- Provide Waitlist Management and Student Recruitment Support (teacher/counselor/para license ok)