UAI Staff News
- Annie inspires me to be a better listener, to always pauses to hear - not just to be heard
- Jen inspires me to be a better empathizer, to remember that everyone's problems are the biggest ones... to them (Phillan is my other muse here, too)
- Elana inspires me with her endless personal strength and endurance. She shows me daily that in spite of incredible odds and what seem like insurmountable obstacles, there is always a way through.
- Dai teaches me how to be more clear in my expectations & to be more intentional in my support. AND she always teaches me how to find the laughter in the insanity
- Nakita teaches me the importance of remembering how folks perceive and learn and that slowing down is just as powerful (if not more so) than racing on.
Important dates this month.
- Monday, 28FEB22: Staff Meeting: Scheduling Committee Focus Group #1
- Thursday, 03MAR22: Consultation Committee Meeting
- Monday, 07MAR22: First Monday of the Month Staff Meeting
- Monday, 14MAR22: Second Monday of the Month Staff Meeting
- Wednesday, 16MAR22: Evening Remote Parent Conferences 5-8PM
- Friday, 18MAR22: Afternoon Zoom Parent Conferences 12-2:50PM
- Monday, 21MAR22: Staff Meeting: Committee Report
- Wednesday, 23MAR22: PSAT/SAT Day for grades 10 & 11; Trip day for all other grades
- Monday, 28MAR22: MP3 Power Up Week Begins
- Monday, 28MAR22: Staff Meeting: Committee Report
- Tues-Thur 29Mar-31Mar22: NYS Middle School ELA Exams
- Friday, 01APR22: MP3 Ends
Incorporating Constituency Voices. By using focus groups with each constituency (Families/students/staff) at least once per quarter to give feedback and weigh in on decisions to move from where we are on the continuum to “Implements structures, policies and practices with inclusive decision making and other forms of power sharing on all levels of the institutions life and work"
As a reminder, you can always track progress by following the agenda and notes. Please do share your feedback with any member of the scheduling committee (Brodie, Marsha, Jelissa, Liza or Kiri):
Tuesday extended time and family outreach will remain flexible for the rest of the Spring Term. Advisors and Classroom teachers are expected to make weekly contact to their students updating families on student academic and social emotional growth in school. All outreach must be documented in Skedula.
- engage staff in decisions regarding next year's program,
- meet with instructional leaders to improve ENL/SPED strategy implementation
- engage staff in community building and ABAR work
- gather feedback from staff on program, hiring, and policy work in prep for 2022-23 school year
Monday Schedule for the Remainder for the Year
- 28FEB - Scheduling Committee
- 07MAR - Staff Circles Committee
- 14MAR - Staff Circles Committee
- 21MAR - Co-Planning Team Meetings - In Person with Instructional Leaders
- 28MAR - Co-Planning Team Meetings - In Person with Instructional Leaders
- 04APR - Staff Circles Committee
- 11APR - All Committee Benchmarking Report
18APR - SPRING VACATION
- 25APR - Co-Planning Team Meetings - In Person with Instructional Leaders
02MAY - NO SCHOOL (Eid al-Fitr)
- 09MAY - Staff Circles Committee
- 16MAY - Staff Circles Committee
- 23MAY - Scheduling Committee
30MAY - NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- 06JUN - Staff Circles Committee
- 13JUN - All Committee Final Benchmarking Report
- 20JUN - Staff Work Time- Room Packing & Readying for Summer
- 27JUN - Final Full Staff Meeting - Staff Celebration!
MP4 begins on Monday, April 4th and will end on Friday June 17th. Power-Up Week for MP4 will be extended in calendar time due to all the breaks & testing in June. MP4 Power UP will be the month of June.
- Week of 06JUN - 3 days (Tues 07JUN is a Clerical Day, Thur 09JUN is a PD Day)
- Week of 13JUN
- 2 days for all (Regents Week begins on 15Jun)
- Special Programming for MS begins on 15JUN (see June Summer School below)
- HS Mandated June Summer School Students - will be required to attend school in person during ALL regents testing days. HS Teachers will have special programs to work directly with those students who are failing their classes in place of Regents Week programs. Additionally, per session will be available to all staff who provide extra support and tutoring for those students in need of extra support.
- MS Mandated June Summer School (grades 6/7) - will have special programming beginning 15JUN
To Do This Week
This is the stuff that requires your attention AND it's stuff you need to do!
- Make you really love coming to UAI everyday AND/OR
- Have really impressed you in their growth over this year AND/OR
- Play a strong leadership role in your class or advisory AND/OR
- Inspire you to be their cheerleader - always AND/OR
- Do (or are) anything else that inspires you in some way..
Per Session Postings
Please complete THS PER SESSION INTEREST FORM and email Kiri to let her know that you are applying for a per session position.
We are looking for summer school teachers to offer programming this summer. We will offer elective credit to the courses. The courses can be anything that interests you, and classes will be limited no more than 15 students per class.
- Arts: Creative Writing, Art (visual, performing, or movement), Poetry, Storytelling, Photography etc.
- Social Justice: Community Organizing, Protest Art, Social Media Campaigns, Etc.
- STEM: Finance, Engineering, Drones, Rockets,
- EntrepreneurialMedia: Podcasting, YouTubing, Social Media Management, Documentary Film Making
- Open Call: Have an Idea? Submit it!!
Days: 11JUL-29JUL , Mondays-Thursdays ONLYHours (Max) 5 hrs per day
(90 min classes with an hour prep for each class up to two classes a day)Total possible hours = 60 hours Minimum possible hours = 30 hours
- Days: 08AUG-17AUG, Mondays - Thursdays ONLY
- Hours: 5 hrs per day (max) (90 min classes w/ hour prep per class, max of 2 classes per day)
- Total Possible Hours = 35 hours
- Supervise UAI Summer Camp (must have Admin License) and/or Regents Prep
- Coordinate UAI Summer Camp (teacher license ok) and/or Regents Prep
- Supervise SYEP Program (teacher/counselor/para license ok)
- Provide Waitlist Management and Student Recruitment Support (teacher/counselor/para license ok)