Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fall Full Observations

To date, I've been doing short visits to each of your classes.  Now, it's time to get a whole picture.

Starting next week, I'm going to do a round of full-class formal observations.  This post will outline the expectations of the observation:

What is Kiri looking for?
For Everyone:  I'll be evaluating your proficiency levels in the following areas:

For Learning Cultures Teachers:  I'll also be evaluating your proficiency levels in the following areas:

What is Kiri looking at?
Also For Everyone:  To prep for our PD needs, I'll be collecting benchmark data in the following areas:
Also For Learning Cultures Teachers:  I'll be collecting benchmark data in the following areas:

What do I need to do to prepare?
Pre-observation
  • For almost everyone, I'll be mapping your pre-observation meetings onto your pre-existing scheduled conferences with me. There are a few exceptions and I'll email those people directly to schedule the pre-observation meeting.
  • PRIOR to NEXT THURSDAY (29NOV12)  If you have not already done so, please make sure you self-evaluate on the following rubrics by clicking on the link and completing the form.  Please make sure you're signed into your UAI gmail prior to doing so.

    Unison Reading - LC teachers only

    The Lesson - All teachers
    The Learning Conference - All teachers
    The Classroom Environment - All teachers
    Independent Work Time - All teachers
When will my observation be?
The observation
  • I will be highlighting times on my calendar.  In the description, I'll let you know who's on the docket.  Please check my calendar frequently to see who I'm seeing and when.
  • My goal is to complete ALL full class formal observations by DECEMBER 10th.  Call me crazy, but that's what I'm aiming for.



What's the process of the post-observation conference?
After the observation

  • Immediately following the observation, I'll send you a Google Calendar Invite for our follow up meeting.  Attached to that invite will be a copy of my low-inference observations and my initial evaluation on the rubrics.
  • During the meeting, we will discuss the rubrics and collaboratively develop your final evaluation and next steps.  This final letter will be your formal evaluation. This conversation will be evidenced-based, so please bring your binders, student work, and other rubric relevant artifacts from your classroom to this meeting.

Please if you have any questions, see me, email me, reach out.  This process is designed to be a means to get you feedback on your practice and to help you establish goals for growth!  So, please do not hesitate to work with me to make it as productive as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment